What we have here is the Republican Party of Canada.
A few things that make this so...
- Complete disregard for environmental issues.
- Secretive and my-way-or-the-highway administration.
- Antipathy towards First Nations -- otherness, immigrants, etc.
- Electoral shenanigans involving voter disrespect.
- Policy lip-lock with US Republican playbook.
- Despicable shills such as Ezra in the "Rush Limbaugh" role.
- Media influence and outright funding threats.
What we need is a system of proportional representation that does not eliminate the concept of local ridings. Seriously, that we have to be lead around by a group with the support of a clear minority of the public is a major flaw.
A democracy is not about minority rule. What we have here is the Republican Party of Canada ruling in an undemocratic environment.
When I think about it I am at a loss for words.